Tuesday 24 November 2015

November makes

Hi Crafty Friends

Here's a round up of what we've been up to recently.

First of all a bit of a change - we did men's cards' two in one week. I cheated a bit and did cards I've done before. I'm hoping that has sorted everyone's requirements for men's cards for some time.



And then it was back to Christmas, and I got to play with my new Spellbinders frame die. It's gorgeous and comes with lovely poinsettia dies we'll have to use on another occasion - since there's still no sign of Christmas card fatigue setting in yet!
I (in my role of Early Christian Martyr!) lugged a massive box of gold and red card back from the NEC show recently, so we used that too. We stamped the background paper. The bauble is Spellbinders Heirloom Reflections


then I thought it was time to make a gift box. With thanks to Crafty Caroline on You Tube who gave me the basic idea. I adapted it a fair bit to make it close more, and decorated it with papers etc rather than stamping.


And here are some of the others I made, as I got rather carried away with them. I think I've done 8 now.


Happy crafting everyone
J x

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou for helping me find my mojo, I have just completed one of those lovely boxes - thanks for the instructions, I am about to embark on a blatant copy of the bauble card too, thankyou for the inspiration, the gifts and most of all your wonderful company xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for making me so welcome - had a lovely time. can't wait to see your hexagonal box, you can show us how it should really be done! xx

      Delete
  2. WOWser! What fab makes, Jan? Loving the masculine cards and the boxes and your intricate card too mate, you must be catching up with your 2015 Christmas card quota!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, but as for the quota, I've just discovered it's customary for the class I go to, to swap cards at Christmas - i.e. fifteen more cards by Dec 10th!!! Lovely, but ooo err

      Delete
  3. Haha, just going to comment on your lovely boxes and noticed your last comment! Have you made them all yet? (I haven't)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan - did a marathon stint the other day (and night!) - situation now under control (ish) 😀

    ReplyDelete