Thursday 19 July 2018

All Aboard

Hi Crafty Friends

I hope everyone is enjoying the rare occurrence of Summer! I have been enjoying feeding the ducks and the swans who cruise past my window.

I love making nautical or sea side cards, they seem so summery and so I came up with this. It's a DL Z-fold, because I wanted to use a pile of pearlescent card - A4 cut in half longways which I bought a couple of months ago at a show. I also had the papers which survived the fire.


I like having so many surfaces to decorate, though it is rather time consuming, and a bit of a push for the club, but everyone enjoyed it. I just provided lots of dies, inks etc and people chose their own decorations - it was good to see all the different takes on the basic idea.

Here's what it looks like opened out. I like to include little pockets for extra messages, and there's room to write on the horizontal banner.

I liked the fold so much I made several more



And there's a couple more waiting to see if I can load them up with any more bits and pieces.
Happy crafting
jan x

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have swans swimming majestically past your window - TFS the pic

    Love this new (to me) style of fold in your cards - - totally fab makes too

    Happy Friday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. The fold is new to me too 😀 I made it up when I was trying to think of how to use my bargain card stock. Necessity always the mother of invention.

      Delete