Thursday 14 February 2019

A card marathon

Hi Crafty Friends
It's a lovely sunny day and I thought I'd take advantage of it to photograph a few cards the club has been making.
This was the last one we did before Christmas. Some of us were disappointed not to be able to make a Z fold card at a class we go to, so I had a go at making one for us to do. It's 8"x8", which is a super large card for me, but I had fun doing it. Some of the poinsettia layers and the band are a gorgeous gold printed vellum which doesn't show up too well here (I'm such a rubbish photographer). And we used some fabulous chunky glitter (nail art stuff), which we are still finding here and there.




I'm a big fan of pyramid cards so every now and then the club has to indulge me. As we didn't get the chance to do a Christmas one, I thought I'd do one now. I really like the pale green, so refreshing after Christmas. I was so chuffed this filigree corner die fit so well; I think I'll be doing this again.


I absolutely loved making this next one. I was aiming for a man's card, and I think it came out suitable for the chaps. It did involve a bit of colouring in (on the small balloon), but paper piecing would also be an option.


Margaret asked if we could do another 3 page card, so this is what we did. 

We had a lot of fun experimenting with turnabout stamps. I really like them, and I think they'll be very versatile. As this was our first club session with them, we just did a few basic embellishments to finish the cards, so everyone managed to make 3 cards - it must be a club record! I think my favourite is the semi-circle one, but I'm also very taken with my new square 'happy birthday' die.



I had a lot of fun making this, but it proved a bit time consuming for the club. I should have known, what with the letter-pressing, die cutting and all the colouring and rolling up roses. Sorry to say most folks had to go home with homework!


I had a yen to make a shutter card (having only ever made one before - at Tracey's years ago). I found a template on Pinterest and just made it smaller (as I said, I'm not a massive fan of big cards). This one starts out as a piece of A5 card, so when it's folded, it's really dinky, but it opens up to a normal sized card. Luckily I had some suitably small envelopes. There were two versions, because I didn't have enough paper for us all to do the same. Unfortunately my second card has gone awol, so I'll have to add the pic when I get it back.




Phew! I think that's got us up to date.
Happy crafting
Jx

1 comment:

  1. MY GOODNESS, you have been super busy. What a fabulous collection of makes too - love them all but especially the retro circles birthday card.

    Have you seen the Shard cards? They seem quite popular right now

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete