Tuesday 25 October 2016

Traditional Christmas Card

Hi Crafty Friends

Here is last week's card I have to share with you. And it's another outing for my favourite Holly Frame die by Spellbinders, this time cut down to make a square. We've used the image before too, it's by Art Kure. We used the central section of a larger stamp, so the MISTI was in demand again as it was difficult to get a brilliant impression first time.
We lightly coloured parts of the image with Coloursoft pencils, and a white gel pen for the snow.
One new bit of stash in evidence is the red matting layer round the image. I had just decided that I needed a mat, but a plain circle die was too heavy, when lo! the postie arrived with some tattered lace dies I'd ordered, including this filigree circle one. I knew it was an essential purchase!!

A big thank you to Inga who brought some lovely Swedish home made pastries on Wednesday, but sorry I didn't manage to get a pic before we scoffed them.


Happy crafting
jx

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card Jan, love the center stamp image and banner.
    beautiful dies and papers used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame is the perfect finishing touch to an absolutely beautiful card ( I am sad I missed the pastries but happy I got a special swedish hug) xxx

    ReplyDelete