Monday 11 September 2017

A bit of a stretch

Hi Crafty Friends

One day I might get my blogging up to date, but sadly that day is not today!
Here is another random pick from the club card archive - it must be several months old by now.

Any hoo, we had a fun time making it, and the green and white scheme was very popular. It's another take on one of my favourite layouts, but I tweaked it a bit. I was so delighted when people brought in their makes inspired by this one.


My favourite bit is the embossed panel with the hand embossed ridges and narrow border which I think finish it off nicely. I also like the sentiment. It's unusual for me to stray from basic sentiments like happy birthday, but I think both the sentiment and the font are lovely.

It should be a really straightforward card but it was complicated by the fact that the green backing paper was v narrow and the embossing folder was too small. So it was an exercise in 'stretching your stash' - literally in this case.
Still, it was fun to do (imho) hope you like it.
happy crafting
jx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is lush, loving the kind of sagey vibe running through it too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a serene and tasteful design and colour combination, the muted green is truly lovely. Totally with you on the whole blogging thing, I was better at it when I had a gazillion things to do and no time to do them in, retirement has definitely encouraged me into a more leisurely tempo ! xxx

    ReplyDelete