Friday 16 August 2019

Santa Steppers

Hi Crafty Friends

I'm still not totally into Christmas makes, but I'm mindful people have a lot of Christmas cards to do and want to get on with them. So this week we made a Christmas stepper card. It's one of my favourite folds and this is a new version with different proportions from my previous ones. I wanted it to fit my stash of envelopes and feature my fancy frames, so this is what I came up with.

 Sorry, I'm a rubbish photographer - you can't see the glitter on the leaves (and the gem on the bow appears to have dropped off). Hey ho.



I was ridiculously pleased with myself for working out an easier way of cutting the matting layers, so I may crack on and make a few more Christmas cards after all 😀

happy crafting
jx

4 comments:

  1. They're both fabulous, Jan, and two more to add to the 2019 pile!! Getting there!

    Happy Friday to you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Not quite sure Christmas 2019 has reached the status of 'pile' yet 😀

      Delete
  2. what is the style of card called? is there a tutorial on how to cut it? measurements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbra. It's called a stepper card. If you search for 'stepper card tutorial' on You Tube, you'll find loads. They're all different dimensions so just choose the one you want. I make up my own dimensions to fit the stamps/dies I want to use, so I'm not sure if this particular version will be on there. Good luck

      Delete