Wednesday 7 August 2019

Distress Oxide backgrounds

Hi Crafty Friends

This week we got messy! I've recently bought some Oxides (yup, given in!) and despite knowing nothing about them, I thought we'd give them a go. I made 4 samples and then got carried away and made a lot more backgrounds, or at least started them.
We splodged and splooshed quite happily for a bit, then added more texture and grunginess with stamps. The focal images were stamped on, and the flower heads stamped on old book pages and paper pieced on top. I stamped the sentiment on a blank bit of book page, cut the words apart and outlined them with a fine liner pen.

Here are my sample cards. The flower stems on the first two cards are from one of the first sets I ever bought  (Woodware, I think) but I've put different flowers on them. The fantasy stems? leaves? were very popular, and I must say I love them. I think they are a Dimension Fourth stamp, (now sadly defunct, I believe)



The stamps on this next example are my latest pride and joy: they're Chaos by Visible Image

Here's my fourth sample, not made into a card, and some of the other backgrounds waiting to be stamped.


On Wednesday, I had a lot of fun mopping up people's unwanted ink left on their messy mats. Random colours and random amounts of water, but they still turned out fine, probably better than my more intentional ones. Here's just three of them. I'm looking forward to adding texture and making cards with them. it was good to get some crafting done myself 😊


Thanks to Jackie for making the messy mats.
happy crafting
jx

2 comments:

  1. These samples look terrific Jan, how are you enjoying Oxides? I have just three!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes Jan, love the beautiful colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete