Friday 27 July 2018

Eclipse Cards

Hi Crafty Friends
Eclipse cards, especially ones using big letter dies, are all over Pinterest, You Tube, and probably all other platforms (but I don't know how to use them!), so I thought it was time the club joined in the fun.
I got rather carried away and made loads of samples: some people picked a sample to copy, others made up their own designs.

Here are some of my samples
For this one, I just added some shading to the stamp with Colorsoft pencils

This is a lovely Stampendous stamp which I painted with Distress Inks. My generally rubbish colouring, while not great was much improved with a decent water brush.

This was inspired by Jan B, independent SU demonstrator, only not having her SU stamps (which suited being inked by dragging colour from the original stamping), I just did 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping with the stamps I had.

I went a bit mad with my star stamps and all my brightest inks on this one

I wish I'd made the snowflakes a bit darker on this one, and spent ages finding a Christmas stamp, not attached to a happy, merry etc. I don't know about you, but I am reluctant to cut stamps up and masking makes it tricky.

And here are three cards made by club members. First up, Glyn with a beautiful starry card (a significant number yet to be attached)


This is Sue's take on the snowflake card, in a very classy navy

And Wendy's card for her son who had just done a bit of tree surgery for me. How good is that! She provides the workman and the thank you card. I love the colour combo.

I think I've been thoroughly eclipsed!
happy crafting
jan x

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You've really taken to this technique and it looks your class did too - my particular faves are your trees Christmas card and your stars birthday card which was such fun

    Happy Friday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete