Monday 28 October 2019

Santa Card and Gift Bag

Hi Crafty Friends

This week I was aiming for a simple classy design, and I really wanted to use my new Creative Expressions Santa stamp (a great bargain from a craft show). It's a great image and stamps beautifully. Another bonus, it just fits my Nellie's Multi-frame ovals die set. 🙂



 We just did a little bit of layering and embossing for dimension. We glittered the image and recessed it into the oval aperture, although in the pic it looks like it's matted onto various layers. It was quick to do so after a speedy cuppa we cracked on with a gift bag, which Margaret had been requesting for some time.


I'd had the idea of using a die which is intended to make a flip flap card, to make the handle of a bag. The bag part is basically a piece of A4 scored and folded. Everyone chose their own stamps and colours. I was pleased with how the bag design worked out. Now I need to make some more, paying closer attention to the stamping. This is just a quick make to demonstrate the idea.

happy crafting
jx

1 comment: