Friday 3 May 2019

A Little Birdie

Hi Crafty Friends

This week's card was inspired by a card sample I saw at a craft show recently. It reminded me we haven't done paper-piecing for ages, so the stamp was straight into my basket! (It's Woodware, 'Special Bird')

It's a quick and easy card to do, once you've found a lot of co-ordinating papers with small patterns. I stamped the texture on the bird panel and the sentiment to tone more with the background, and I coloured and stamped the bird's body paper. I loved to see all the different versions everyone produced - all more colourful than mine, and all delightful.
The sentiment is an old favourite - it was free with a magazine getting on for 10 years ago. I was just starting crafting then and didn't have many supplies, so I used it a lot. I'm amazed it's lasted so well, especially since I lost it just after we'd made this card. I think it's worth the 2 hours I spent hunting for it.






Lose yourself in Happy Crafting
Jx

PS. I've just got back from the charity shop where I got a large haul of stamps a couple of days ago. I was hoping whoever is having a clear out had reached punches and embossing folders. They haven't, but I found this! The very stamp I was angst-ing about when I thought I'd lost it. The peace of mind of having a spare is well worth 50p. Anybody need a tree/fairy house stamp?😀


jx

2 comments: