Thursday 11 April 2019

Time Flies

Hi Crafty Friends
Here is last week's card. I had intended doing a pretty Spring like card, but couldn't find the dies for it, so I had a quick change of plan and did this one. I'd made the sample some time ago so I was pretty much 'winging' (ha ha) it trying to remember all the details (and find the kit) at short notice.
Anyhoo - it all worked out ok, and we even finished early!

We started by stamping the background paper to get different looks for the panels; a great opportunity to get out a heap of grungy background stamps. Then on to the die cutting. I had originally intended to use an unbranded clock and cogs cluster die, but the clock was the wrong way round, so I made up my own collage from random bits. They were all coloured with gilding wax or gilding polish (except the butterfly). They look a lot more metallic in real life.
I hand wrote the sentiment out of desperation - having spent hours failing to find a 'time flies' stamp, or any stamps I could adapt. I thought I could put 'sorry I missed your birthday' inside.


Happy crafting
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment