Friday 20 December 2019

Christmas Makes

Hi Crafty Friends

Here are two weeks' makes in one blog.

This one can be a card as it folds up flat but I'm keeping mine as a Christmas decoration. It took me ages (and about half a ream of copy paper) to work out the shape for the base. It would have been so much easier with a protractor or even a compass, but hey ho, it's done for ever now. I photocopied the template for everyone so it just needed cutting out and a bit of embossed and die cut adornment. It uses the same closure as the pyramid card we did a few weeks ago.




By our last week before Christmas I thought everyone would have finished their cards so we did a cracker shaped gift box. Having made my sample I thought it was a marathon of die cutting for one gift box, but then it suddenly struck me that with very little extra effort (ie. die cutting some hexagons) it could be cut up and made into 2 boxes. So these were the options.




I did consider making decorations for the top, but then I thought we needed time for the all important Christmas party. 
Thanks to everyone for bringing all the scrumptious food.
And thanks for another fun year of crafting
Have a cracking Christmas!
jan xx

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a festive post - great projects Jan, so glad you persevered with the pyramid card too

    Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete